Corona Virus is known to spread from person to person. It could be spread through direct or indirect means; direct contact with an infected person like handshake could cause infection the same way as indirectly getting in contact with the objects they have touched. To lower the risk of this infection you must wash your hands regularly or sanitize your hands using an alcohol hand sanitizer. Sanitizing is not a substitute to washing hands, instead it is an alternate, when you cannot wash hands due to unavailability of resources. So to kill the germs you should keep a sanitizer in your bag wherever you go.
There is a huge demand of sanitizers these days but since the markets are running out of stock here is a quick and easy way to make your own sanitizer.
How to make sanitizer at home
- 2/3 cups of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- 1/3 cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 drops of Essential Oils (if required)
- Wear gloves to pour 99% isopropyl alcohol and aloevera gel into a container.
* Isopropyl alcohol is highly flammable so keep it away from fire and wear gloves to stay safe.
- Add essential oils if you do not like the smell of alcohol. You can also add antiseptic essential oils to provide an additional protection against the virus
- Mix the ingredients and put them in a plastic container. Your homemade hand sanitizer is ready It may not look the same as the commercial sanitizer but it surely works the same way. Do try this easy recipe and stay safe.
Washing hands is more important
Sanitizing does kill and reduce the risk of infection but washing hands is more important as it removes the germs from your hands, whereas a sanitizer controls the germs from not spreading to other people. Hands should be washed frequently and for at least 20 seconds with soap or hand wash.